Saturday, January 17, 2009

Day 15 - Peggy


And so to day 15 - The lady in this photo is someone I met in May 1971 and she is a very special friend. Apart from being the mother of my God Daughter and the Granny of my Angels she is just special.

Peggy was once Australian Women's Water Ski Champ and that is how her family met the family of my wife.She met and married this cool guy Bill who was a Champion NZ Water Skier. Bill was one of the early pioneers of Hang Gliding in Australia and at one stage held various flying records including endurance for being towed around Lake Bonney Barmera for 24 hours I think. He also held a height record having been hoisted aloft beneath a Cathay Pacific Hot Air Balloon.

My friend has been in Hospital and now faces Heart Valve replacement surgery. Love you Peg - it will be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment